Friday, January 15, 2010

More About Wayne

At this writing, I'm 74 years old. I am not a trained artist, though I've drawn my whole life.

And I'm not a public speaker, yet I have over 10,000 hours on my feet in front of a critical audience.

My design and speaking work has been limited to three areas; religious education, USArmy training aid design and building, and all phases of custom home building.

"Then Why Should You Listen to Me
When It Comes to the Design and Use of Visual Aids
in Your Own Speaking"
Because all of my life I've created only one kind of visual aid. I call them, "Have To" graphics. The visuals I've worked on, literally, have to work.

In religious education--because faith and moral character are such a vital part of life.

In the USArmy--because the training aids I created had so much to do with young soldiers survival on the battle field.

In custom home building--because profitability and customer satisfaction were so dependant on the designs and drawings I created for the valued features (expensive kitchens, elegant and huge fireplace face details, complicated steam showers, and high tech home theaters) we built in their new home.

Plus, my experience working with buyers of million dollar and up homes has taught me how to "draw what the buyers were thinking."

From actual experience, I know how to draw what people are thinking.

Finally, every since I was 14 years old, when I made my first presentation, using visual aid with in my speaking and writing has been at the front of my mind.

Though the presentation industry doesn't have a clue who I am, I have volumes of visual information any speaker or writer can benefit from. That's my opinion.

But only you and your audiences can decide how valuable my material is, , , so do a comment post and tell me how I'm doing.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment