Saturday, January 9, 2010

Draw Your Message

I use PowerPoint a lot, but only when it serves my needs, and more specifically, my audiences needs.

But, I much prefer, as do my audiences, hand-drawn visual aids.

The basis of all visual-centered speaking is someone's ability to "draw your message." Most likely, You!

Let me assure you, you don't have to be an artist to become a powerful user of visual aids. All you need to start is ability to draw a collection of smiley faces, stick men and women and an array of lines, arrows, boxes and circles.
The Key Is Practice
I am generating a PDF download of all the above visual ingredients. When it is posted, download it, and start practicing and then become a professional doodler.

Persistence is the secret.

Every time you have a spare moment draw. Soon these little friends of yours will come to life as part of your topic. Here then is your jumping off point.

In the future in this blog you will further develop your ability to draw your message in a way that your audiences will appreciate.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment