Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Learned Optimism, by Martin Seligman

Most of my examples have been it the fields of business, behavior, public speaking (and presenting) and internet marketing. I use them, only because they are my favorite topics.
My favorite book written in my lifetime is Matrin Seligmans' Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life. The basis of Seligmans' material covers three decades of highly credible university level research in the fields of depression and human behavior. He and his colleagues are widely published in the psychology press and respected by their peers.

I believe that this book should be required reading for everyone involved in business and personal improvement.

Today I've included a clickable model, explaining most of his principles. Study Seligmans text and you can't miss by teaching his powerful material. His concept of "explanatory style" is frame breaking, to say the least.

In a few days I'll post a Quotations Slideshow based on this very pratical book.

Wayne

P.S. Many people think Learned Optimism is to academicly written. It may be a bit of a struggle for you, but I guarantee you'll benefit greatly from the time you spend within its' pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment